Things that should be acquired by the day of graduation
The department of education certifies graduation of students who acquired 128 units and 1.5 or more of addition grade-point average that are necessary for undergraduate graduation and the following disciplines, and grants degrees (a bachelor (of education))
- Students who have recognized the current situation and challenges about various problems related to our society and education and the like in Japan and abroad and have ability to consider the countermeasures against it.
- Students who have a passion as an educator and have acquired the right sense of ethics and responsibility.
- Students who have acquired ability of description, presentation and communication that an educator should have.
- Students who have acquired learning ability to study something continuously and voluntarily related to matters about education.
- Students who have acquired ability to put educational ideas into practice.
- Students who have acquired basic or applied knowledge on subjects and teaching.
- Students who have acquired basic English conversation and music capability.
Policy of organization and conduct of curricula
In the department of education, the curricula are categorized into “Liberal Arts Fundamental Course”, “Liberal Art Advanced Course”, “Specialized Fundamental Course”, “Specialized Course”, “Training Course (Education/Nursing), and “Graduation Thesis”, and students take the liberal arts courses from the basics to the advancement, and the specialized courses from the basics to the specialty in a step-by-step and systematic manner. This course is organized so that students who completed those courses advance to the training course and acquire their ability to put educational ideas into practice. They compile a thesis in the end as a completion of what they have learned at the university.
- We have “Shinobugaoka Kyoyo I ~ IV” in which students learn local history and culture as one of the Liberal Arts Foundation Course, and “arts”, “International studies/sociology”, “Natural sciences”, “foreign languages”, “health and gymnastics” as Liberal Arts Advanced Course” in order to give education needed for a good member of society and improve their ability to think logically about various problems related to education and method of the problem solving.
- Other than “Shinobugaoka Kyoyo”, we also have subjects such as “Principle of education”, “educational psychology”,” social welfare”, “social care”, “child’s family welfare”, and “family support” in order to let students recognize a passion as an educator, ethics and their roles in our society.
- We also have courses of “Shinobugaoka Kyoyo”, “Japanese expression” and “play with words” etc. in order to improve their basic communication ability such as speaking, listening and writing.
- We have “Shinobugaoka Kyoyo”, “instructing method of ethical education”, “instructing method of special activities”, “collaborative learning” and “graduation thesis” in order to let students acquire learning ability to study continuously and voluntarily according to the social change.
- We have special courses focused on subjects such as “Japanese including Calligraphy”, “social studies”, “mathematics”, “science”, “home economics”, “music”, “piano/singing”, “living environment studies”, “drawing and crafts”, and “gymnastics”) , and also other subjects such as “information processing”, “literature of school curriculum” and “educational literature of special needs” in order to let students learn specialized methodology and knowledge systematically and strengthen their ability to put educational ideas into practice.
- We have “Specialized Fundamental Course”, “Specialized course” (subject/basic skill), “educational course, teaching method”, “pupil guidance/educational consulting”, “nursing/teaching method”, expression skill of nursing”), “Training Course” and “Graduation Thesis” in a step-by-step manner. As a subject course, method of teaching of each subject (Japanese, social studies, mathematics, science, living environment studies, music, drawing and crafts, and gymnastics”, “educational consultation”, “pupil guidance/ career guidance”, practice teaching guidance”, “practice teaching” practice teaching for kindergarten and elementary school) in order to let student acquire basic knowledge of the specialized course.
- We have “English”, “English activities for kids”, “English communication” as well as “music”, “music activities for kids” and “piano/singing” in order to let students cultivate English conversation and music capability.
Desired image of students
The department of education has a policy to accept those who have the following knowledge, skills and passions in order to let students acquire knowledge, skills and ability to put educational ideas into practice that we have as educational concept and purposes of the department and the course and in diploma policy at the time of graduation.
Those who have acquired education in a high school widely
Those who have strong will to obtain a job using specialty of education and nursing fields
Those who have acquired basic knowledge necessary to take the curriculum in the field of education and nursing, such as Japanese, English and music abilities
- Those who have acquired basic habits of lifestyle and autonomous learning
Those who are able to search problems which occur in our society voluntarily and explain about it logically
Those who have experienced extracurricular activities and volunteer activities in a high school or who are able to join such activities actively in collaboration with others
Those who have acquired excellent skills (ex. Sports, art culture, etc.)