Documentary Movie "Konbanwa II" (Night Junior High School) & Talk Session
- When: 2023. January 24 Tuesday 18:00~19:30 (Door opens at 17:40)
- Where: Miyazaki International College
- Summary: For various reasons, 900,000 people in Japan have not been able to finish compulsory education. In 2024, Miyazaki city will open a night junior high school for the first time in the prefecture. Many people who did not finish compulsory education live quietly, often blaming themselves for their inability to learn. How can we tell them that it is not their fault, that it is not too late, and that they can learn? In this film screening and talk session, we will discuss everyone's right to learn.
- Guest speaker: Yoshifumi Soeda Associate professor, Faculty of Humanities, Fukuoka University Dr. Soeda is originally from Kadogawa, Miyazaki Prefecture. He specializes in education and has written many books and papers on night junior high school. He has been involved in the independent evening junior high schools. Currently, he is a supporter of Fukuoka Kibo Junior High School, the only public night junior high school in Kyushu. He is also the executive director of Japan Society for the Study of Basic Education and Literacies, a board member of the Kitakyushu Public Night Junior High School, as well as Evening Junior High School Promotion and Enhancement Committee within the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. Participants: Students, Teachers and General Public Movie is subtitled in English, English/Japanese interpreting will be provided during the talk session.
- Limited to 90 participants.
- This is a free public lecture.
- Car parking available (Please use the faculty parking lot close to the bus stop.)
To register, please fill out the form below.